What to Wear to the French Quarter in November

When you're in New Orleans you start to wonder if the weather report is full of lies and exaggeration. How could it possibly be humid and hot, but also with an expectation of thunder showers in the same day? Well, let me tell you it's not lies. The weather is pretty unpredictable, and therein lies the packing challenge: what the hell do you pack when you're going to be walking miles a day exploring a city with buildings that date back to the 1700s with a possibility of humid hot rain showers? You're looking at it up top, my friends. I only took a carry on with me because if the trip is less than 5 days I just don't see the point in checking in a bag — plus, the airlines always lose bags, and the scenario where the airline loses my bag with my wedding guest attire in it was too stressful to think about. The furry Mongolian thing is just in case it was pouring, by the way. My thought was that I would wrap it around my Mansur Gavriel bucket bag since in my tourist haze it was deemed my most valuable thing on my person to be saved from the rain.  The rest of my outfit is a mix of super old stuff from my closet (my dad got me this coat when I was 16), and comfortable quality basics. If people want to knock Target and the fact that I love their long sleeve tissue tees, then come at me bros and girls. I like to be a sweaty and touristy in $10 tees, so as not to ruin a finer shirt with pit stains and BO. For the record, I liked New Orleans, but I didn't love it. There is something about drinking in the streets always kind of bothers me (which is why Vegas is not my favorite place either), but man oh man is it a pretty city. Bring your walking shoes people, we walked around 6-7 miles daily to get around on beautiful cobblestone streets and sometimes a little bit of dirt.

Sidenote: I'm wearing makeup in the above a la Glossier Phase I set. This is what wearing that make up looks like — like you're wearing absolutely no makeup. I surmise that this is the intended purpose of Glossier, which works well for me at least on days when I'm feeling ...what is the word...simple? (I think that's the best word for it, meant as a positive, not in the dismissive sense). Could I have layered on more cheek and eye stuff? Sure! But I was really sleepy this day and I didn't even want to bother with getting super dolled up. So there's that.

Wearing:
Vintage long wool coat
MANSUR GAVRIEL mini bucket bag
ZARA faux fur stole
(not pictured, but detailed to give you an idea of the layering)
TARGET long sleeve tee
MADEWELL moto jeans
TARGET cardigan
FIORENTINI + BAKER Eli boots

No comments:

Post a Comment