Tomboy

What can I say? I was heavily inspired by Jil Sander when I put this together. The S/S 2015 runway had a lot of bold, boxy layers in various deep colors — like a Crayola box of special Fall colors. The way it was all put together just looked so polished yet masculine at the same time. I don't even mind the boxiness of it all. Boxy layers are my allies because they make me feel powerful in a way. As if dressing slightly more masculine myself makes me stronger. Even despite the dumpy crotch situation that tends to happen with boyfriend jeans this particular combination has the makings of a closet favorite.

J. CREW top (4)
ZARA jeans (6)
J.CREW x THOMAS MASON shirt (4)
 MANSUR GAVRIEL mini bucket
TIBI mules (run small, size 8)
KATHLEEN WHITAKER earrings
J. CREW belt
J. CREW choker (they honor 25% codes in-store, FYI)










4 comments:

  1. So...this is perfect. A girl after my own heart. The perfect layering job if you ask me.

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me, girl. We be that emoji with the dancing twins.

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. Love everything about this look and will be recreating.
    Where is the neck cuff from? I have been looking for something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Sorry, I forgot to credit the necklace. It's J. Crew! If you ask them for the 25% off code they've got going on online IN-STORE they will totally honor it.

      ;)

      Thanks, Gloria!

      Delete