A New Way

I've been a long time fan of Tictail as my favorite platform to sell my designer clothes, shoes, and accessories. I've been using them for over a year now to help clean out my closet, but it turns out there's a lot of other people selling designer items and even quality custom pieces that I've completely been missing out on, too. Shops like The LXLS stand out in particular because of its highly curated inventory. They seem to carry everything I love to wear: lots of different monochrome textures, minimal tailored pieces by Ann Demuelemeester, Alexander Wang, and even their own impressive in-house line. This recent discovery is really key to my shopping habits because I think fashion can get too spendy, with each new season encouraging everyone to buy fast and move on to new trends quickly. It all amounts to a closet full of clothes that don't fully speak to my personal style, and to make it worse, those pieces are usually crafted from cheap materials and often poorly constructed.

So my new approach this past year has been to put a hold on impulse spending, and research some new ways to find my closet staples. My goal is to search unexpected sites like The LXLS or other resale sites for something specific, like a black sleeveless shift dress, armed with an open mind, the flexibility to tailor a piece down to my size, and the discipline to stick to what works truly works for my body and overall style.

LXLS coat (c/o Tictail), ZARA dress, MANSUR GAVRIEL mini bucket bag, EVERLANE loafers



2 comments:

  1. your outfit looks amazing! tictail is awesome when it comes to supporting designers with ethical/sustainable products.
    VISIT / 13 FRIDAYS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right? you'll be amazed what you can find when you find someone selling their personal items. like andyheart! her stuff is always rad: andyheart.tictail.com

      Delete