La República Dominicana


I was very fortunate to spend the past weekend catching up with four amazing friends in the Dominican Republic. It was an impressive feat to schedule everyone and coordinate flights, and even though I was having stress rashes and freak outs before I left due to real-life issues (read: need new roof/do taxes ASAP), I think the entire thing was worth it all just to be able to relax in the company of people who don't care how many times you visit the bar/buffet with your all-inclusive wrist band. It was an all-inclusive love, and I read the most appropriate book, This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz, and even got some melanin firing. A trip with a loved one is very necessary, but I would argue that a getaway with friends is equally important to help put things into perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment