SXSW

This is what I'd be wearing if I was at SXSW this weekend. Alas, I was not there. In my industry (advertising) only the few and the proud (not unlike the Marines) get to go. But a girl can dream, can't she. I read that Fiona Apple was playing there (!!). But you know what? I can at least mentally prepare for what it would be like by lining up a sweet little cowgirl-like outfit like this. The highlight of it is a choker by Lanvin with black ribbon ties. It's naughty and nice. Who knew! The dress is by Paul & Joe Sister, the epitome of cutesy. While this brand tends not to be friendly to shorter females, like myself — I proudly hover just at 5'3", they are worth taking to a tailor because the fabrication and the prints are fabulous. Finally, the boots. They are by Fiorentini + Baker, one of my personal and absolute favorites. They do tend to break the bank, I'm sorry, but they are totally worth it. So, not sorry. I own a pair very similar to these and they are a work horse of a boot that look better the worse you treat them. Beat them like the horse that they are! Don't be shy! I'd accessorize with these sweet lassies. A rather dainty yet punk-inspired Philippe Audibert spike bracelet in a sweet rose gold. A classic pair of Stella McCartney aviators, and a completely appropriate AurĂ©lie Biderman Hook 'Em Horns ring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment