Crowd Funding The Nerve For Céline Sunglasses

For the first time since I could remember, I bought myself some new sunglasses without the use of a sale, a gift card, a self-employed RewardStyle link, or even a BlueFly or The Real Real to achieve a discount. Nay. Like some sort of rich person, I simply walked into Barneys one day and tried these Céline sunglasses on and loved them. It wasn't my intention, after all, I only went to Barneys to pick up some Oribe product (only one bottle of the Volumista because GURRL this line is pricey and we are not made of money), but apparently I wanted to be extra stupid and try on things I knew were out of my monthly budget. How could I not fall in love with these frames? They are a) oversized, which flatter my roundish/oval face, b) a sort of an aviator style that actually works for said roundish/oval face, c) tortoise shell, which I've been looking for ever since dropping my precious and super old (5+ years!) Karen Walker Number Ones into the Dominican Republican ocean. Did I mention they were Céline and I'm a vain person that occasionally gets sucked into labels? So I did the only thing there was to do after trying them on; walk out of the store like a financially responsible person. But not before taking a selfie and crowd funding the balls to actually go back and purchase the sunglasses. (Thank you all who participated — I hate and love you dearly...you know, like family.). So here I am, with my new favorite sunglasses in a super special plushy pocket of my purse that keeps them forever scratch-free and safe, and a happy customer. Can we be a happy customer at all times buying things full price? I doubt it, but every now and then it sure is nice to treat yourself.

5 comments:

  1. i always feel guilty about buying stuff full-price (residual guilt of growing up poor?) but man, those are gorgeous. i find that sunglasses are a great investment, especially in california!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with that statement about the full-price stuff causing residual guilt. I think it's a product of our upbringing, where we couldn't just buy luxuries like this on a whim, and I think it's my most valuable life lesson in that it keeps me grounded. That guilt is grounded in reality and I think it ultimately makes me a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've checked the collection and found it really attractive, I've also got great collection of Opium Sunglasses India at #Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete